Advising Center Hours and Location
Office & Advising Hours
The office is open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (closed 12:30-1:30 for lunch). We offer daily drop-in advising hours (see times below), and scheduled appointments are offered throughout the week during regular business hours. Please call or come to the front desk to schedule.
Drop-In or Appointment?
Drop-In Hours (15 Minutes)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Finals Week Drop-In Hours
9:30 am - 11:30 am and
- Checking in or following up from a previous appointment
- Interpretation of university policies
- One quarter schedule planning
- Questions regarding "ASSIST.org" (transferring courses from community college)
- Referrals on whom to see for a change of major approval
- Final quarter graduation checks
Scheduled Appointment (30 Minutes)
Call 805-756-2615 one to two weeks in advance to schedule. Please do not email advisors to schedule appointments.
Appointments begin as early as 8:30 am, and the last appointment of the day is usually at 3:30 pm.
- How university policies apply to your specific academic situation (grade forgiveness, major gpa calculation, Expected Academic Progress, etc.)
- 2+ quarter schedule planning
- Academic probation/academic success discussions
- Choice of major discussions for the undecided student
- Graduate school/health professions application assistance
Appointment No-Show Policy
As a courtesy to our office and your peers, if you need to cancel or reschedule your advising appointment, please call us! We prefer at least 24 hours advance notice, but we know last minute things come up. Three consecutive missed appointments (without contacting us) will require you to meet with an advisor during drop-in advising hours only for the remainder of the quarter.