Changes for Fall 2019
New! Same Day Appointments
We changed drop-in advising to 20 minute "same day" appointments, so now you can pick a time that works for you.
A same day appointment is a pre-scheduled meeting, booked that day, for you to be seen that same day.
- Same days are offered each day that classes are in session, in both the morning and afternoon, starting September 19, 2019.
- Same day sign up is online via Calendly. Sign ups open each morning at 8:00 am.
- Same day appointments may be conducted over the phone as well.
You may schedule up to two weeks out. Calendly allows you to view dates beyond 2 weeks, but the calendar will not display our availability. Please check back regularly (i.e., tomorrow) if there are currently no appointments available.
- Because appointments often fill up, it is best to plan two weeks in advance. Keep in mind important deadlines!
- During the add/drop period (first 8 days of instruction), we do not offer planned appointments, we only offer same-day appointments.
See Someone Today
Same day appointments open at 8:00 am Monday-Friday (excluding holidays and academic breaks).
See Someone In The Next Two Weeks
First year students should meet with Stephen, our Graduate Intern.
He is excited to talk with you about course planning, changing majors, and getting settled at Cal Poly!
These are the same 30-minute scheduled appointments that we have offered in the past.
Choose Your Advisor
As a courtesy to our office and your peers, if you need to cancel or reschedule your advising appointment, use the link in your confirmation email or give us a call.
We prefer at least 24 hours advance notice, but we know last minute things come up and that's okay.