Advising Appointment

Book your appointment

Study 25 to 35 Hours per Week -- find out more


Block Scheduling for First Year Students

Fall Term

First year students in each of the majors in the Bailey College of Science and Mathematics will receive block schedules for fall quarter. The office of the registrar makes every attempt to block students into full-time units (at least 12 units) for fall term.

Winter and Spring Terms

Students will also receive a block schedule for winter and spring, but the number of units that students will be blocked into may vary depending on major and course availability.

Career Support

Career Services can help you explore career options, prepare for your internship/job search, connect with employers, and more!

If you are a pre-health student, please visit the Bailey College Advising Center. We would love to discuss your health career plans and support your journey to becoming a competitive applicant.

Diversity and Inclusion

Please see the college page on diversity and inclusion initiatives. (Once on the page, scroll down to find the downloadable flyer with links to each resource.)

Poly Profile

Poly Profile is an unofficial transcript of your quarterly coursework and the grades you've earned.

To view your Poly Profile:

  1. Log in to your Cal Poly Portal.
  2. Navigate to your "Academics" tab
  3. Locate the "Degree Information Portlet"
    • "Poly Profile" is the first link under "General Degree Resources"

Some Items displayed in Poly Profile:

  • Your Empl Id
  • Transfer Credit (from colleges other than Cal Poly)
  • Test Credit (Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate test credits) 
  • Your expected graduation term, if it has been assigned
  • Individualized Change of Major Agreements (ICMA)
  • Academic Progress
    • Expected Academic Progress gauge
    • Academic Standing
  • Enrollment Summary
    • Term grade point average (GPA)
    • Cal Poly cumulative (CPSLO) GPA: only includes courses taken at Cal Poly
    • Higher Ed GPA: your Cal Poly cumulative GPA combined with any coursework you may have taken at another university or college

Tip: Look for the "Print Page" option in the top right menu to print/save your Poly Profile for use as an unofficial transcript.

Registration Tools

Cal Poly offers several tools to help you create the perfect schedule, but we know the process can be a bit confusing, especially when you're new. Use the links below to guide you through the process, and visit us if you still have questions!

Academic Success Guide

Related Content


cal poly catalog

View catalog