Marine Sciences Major - Academic Advising Information
Documents on this page are PDF or Microsoft Word files. You will need Adobe Reader to view PDF files. Go to Adobe's Download site to get the latest Reader. If you don't have Microsoft Word you can download the Word viewer from the Microsoft website.
On the Biology department website, you will find more information about the Marine Sciences degree, faculty research interests, student research opportunities, clubs and organizations, employment listings and more.
Faculty take an active role in academic and career advising and mentoring. Marine Science majors are assigned a faculty advisor at the time of entry to Cal Poly. You are encouraged to meet with your faculty advisor on a regular basis for guidance and support. Please contact the CSM Advising Office or Biological Sciences Department to receive the name and contact information of your faculty advisor.
Credit/No Credit Policy
No major, support or concentration courses may be selected as credit/no credit.
Change of Major Policy and Procedure
Before filling out your Change of Major form with the Biological Sciences Department, the following minimum requirements must be met:
1. Consult with the department chair to plan your transition
2. Have a C or better in two of these classes:
- BIO 160, BIO 161, BIO 162
3. Have a C or better in one of these classes:
- CHEM 127 or CHEM 124, CHEM 128 or CHEM 125, CHEM 129
4. Have a term GPA of at least 2.4 in the last two quarters before changing majors.
Marine Sciences Undergraduate Catalog Information
- Blanket Substitutions and Curriculum Changes
2015-2017 Marine Sciences B.S. Undergraduate Catalog Information
What can I do with this degree in Marine Sciences?