Marine Sciences Major - Academic Advising Information
On the Biological Sciences Department website you will find information on the Biology, Microbiology, and Marine Sciences majors, faculty and staff, faculty research interests and student opportunities, tutoring resources, tentative course offerings, and clubs.
Faculty take an active role in academic and career advising and mentoring. Marine Science majors are assigned a faculty advisor at the time of entry to Cal Poly. You are encouraged to meet with your faculty advisor on a regular basis for guidance and support. Please contact the CSM Advising Office or Biological Sciences Department to receive the name and contact information of your faculty advisor.
Credit/No Credit Policy
No major, support or concentration courses may be selected as credit/no credit.
Change of Major Policy and Procedure
Please see the Changing Your Major page for more information on changing your major to Biological Sciences, Marine Science, or Microbiology.
Marine Sciences Undergraduate Catalog Information
- Blanket Substitutions and Curriculum Updates
- Cal Poly Catalog-Biological Sciences
- Degree Flowcharts and Curriculum Sheets
What can I do with This Major?
- Note: these these links do not perfectly match the major/concentration options within the Biological Sciences department (and do not necessarily require a degree in Marine Sciences), but are a good resource to get you started in your career exploration.
- What can I do with a degree in Marine Science?
- What can I do with a focus in Wildlife and Fisheries?
- NOAA: Careers in Marine Biology